Updates regarding COVID-19
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve globally, LEO Pharma is acting to support the health and safety of our employees and to activate our business continuity plans. We stay committed to bring an uninterrupted supply of medicines for patients around the world.
Last updated on April 8, 2020
Since the beginning of the outbreak, our top priorities at LEO Pharma have been relentlessly dedicated to delivering on the following 3 objectives:
- Do everything we can to safeguard the health and safety of our employees,
- Secure an uninterrupted supply of medicine to patients around the world,
- Protect our company and ensure its business continuity both short- and long-term.
- The health and safety of our staff members remains one of our top priorities.
- All international business travel and attendance at medical congresses and other large events has been suspended.
- Meetings are cancelled or being converted to virtual meetings.
- In several countries e.g. Denmark, Italy, Spain and the US, employees whose presence on site is not critical are now working from home.
- We are maintaining the minimum workforce needed in our plants to keep manufacturing our medicines and have introduced rotation of the teams.
- Strict hygiene measures are taken to ensure safety at our sites.
Supply of our medicines
- Business continuity plans have been activated and current status is that we continue to provide an uninterrupted supply of medicines.
- We are monitoring our raw material inventory levels and taking additional measures to mitigate against interruption.
- We do not anticipate a shortage of our medicines due to COVID-19 at this time.
- Patients using our products who have questions or concerns about their treatments should consult with their doctors.
- We are presently assessing appropriate measures to be taken for individual ongoing trials to assure the continued safety monitoring of trial participants and the safety of trial site personnel.
- LEO Pharma is committed to adhere to the most current guidelines recommended by respective Health Authorities and Institutional Review Boards (IRBs) / Ethics Committees (ECs) and will communicate guidance to investigative sites.
- An early phase healthy volunteer clinical trial ARGX-112 (LP0145-1315) has been halted, i.e. no further dosing, for precautionary reasons until the nature of COVID-19 is better understood.
- Current status is that LEO Pharma continues to provide an uninterrupted supply of medicines for patients around the world.
- LEO Pharma is doing its utmost to limit the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak and we are in close dialogue with our external partners in order to ensure continuity in all critical functions (e.g. logistics services, sales, manufacturing and clinical trials).
- Despite our best efforts to limit the overall impact of the COVID-19 outbreak, we also have to acknowledge that we are in force majeure situation which has the potential of disrupting our daily operations.
Our local Medical Information service is also available for individual queries:
LEO Pharma UK Medical Information
+44 (0) 1844 347333
LEO Pharma IE Medical Information
+353 1 490 89
Media contact information:
UK/IE MAT-33501 April 2020